Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Post Thanks / Like

How long can I store enzymes

Well this was always a concern of mine, until Epi-Dog and buying enzymes 50 kilos at a time. I kept 20 kilos out for Skari in 2011 and I am still using the same batch and they are fine just as good as the first day.

However I can also say they were double bagged with Silica for dryness in the enzymes, and in each layer of plastic bags.

Once double bagged I then vacuum sealed them again with Silica packs that turn "Red" if moisture is detected for a safety visual cue.

I then placed them in a dark blue Tupperware tub and that is put in the coolest closet of the house.

So proof in in the pudding, enzymes can be stored for 5 years easy... I am not sure if it matters that I use Pharmaceutical enzymes.

Mark
    Skari

Age 10

Diet: Kibble
    Enzymes Currently 8X: 15 min incubation.
    Slippery Elm Bark: when needed and as a preventative when eating untreated food in large amounts.
    EPI Stable:
    No SIBO

DISCLAIMER: All contents on this site is presented AS IS and for information purposes only. Nothing herein is meant to diagnose or cure any illness or disease. It is the visitors' responsibility to seek qualified veterinary advice regarding the health of their pets. Opinions and information on third-party sites are not the responsibility of epi-dog.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know Mark. How about freezing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
    Good to know Mark. How about freezing?
    Shrug, I was never that brave, though if they are vacuum sealed well there should be no problem. I would personally put them in a cardboard box to stop any possible freezer burn.

I have so much bulk frozen meat for feeding RAW I would be afraid of dropping a bag of Elk and the sharpness of their bones when sawed are nasty often times puncturing the freezer bag.

Now if you lived at a regular house
    Skari

Age 10

Slippery Elm Bark: when needed and as a preventative when eating untreated food in large amounts.
    EPI Stable:
    No SIBO

DISCLAIMER: All contents on this site is presented AS IS and for information purposes only. Nothing herein is meant to diagnose or cure any illness or disease. It is the visitors' responsibility to seek qualified veterinary advice regarding the health of their pets. Opinions and information on third-party sites are not the responsibility of epi-dog.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, one must worry about sharp frozen elk bones ... hahahaha...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
    Yes, one must worry about sharp frozen elk bones ... hahahaha...
    It's True wild game bones are 20% sharper than beef
    Last edited by Mark & Skari; 05-30-2015 at 01:00 AM.
    Skari

Age 10

EPI Stable:
    No SIBO