+ Reply to Thread
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Milk Bone Dog Biscuit Product Recall

Written By: Susan Thixton
    9-30-2011

eFoodAlert author Phyllis Entis, also known as the Food Bug Lady, posted a notice of recall of Milk Bone dog biscuits as posted on Ingles Markets website.

Ingles Markets website states: Milk Bone Dog Biscuit 10lb
    Delmonte Pet has a recall on Milk Bone Dog Biscuit 10lb. Code #90967 Milk Bone Dog Biscuits 10 lb (UPC 24000-92502) with lot code 12071k Only!

The FDA website had no information of this recall, so I called DelMonte. I was told "this is not a recall, we voluntarily pulled the product because mold was discovered after the product was in the market place." When I asked too many questions of the DelMonte consumer representative, she told me I was going to need to talk with 'someone else'. She took my name and number, I've waited three hours - no return call.

So, if your pet eats Milk Bones, please look for code #90967, UPC 24000-92502, lot code 12071k on the box. The product could contain mold to which we have no idea how dangerous this might be.

Should DelMonte ever decide to return my call, or post information on this 'product pull' on their website, I'll post it here.

Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,

Susan Thixton
    Pet Food Safety Advocate
    Author, Buyer Beware
    Co-Author Dinner PAWsible
    http://TruthaboutPetFood.com
    http://PetsumerReport.com

What's in Your Pet's Food?
    Is your dog or cat eating risk ingredients? Chinese imports? Petsumer Report tells the 'rest of the story' on over 2000 cat foods, dog foods, and pet treats. 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. www.PetsumerReport.com
    DISCLAIMER: All contents on this site is presented AS IS and for information purposes only. Nothing herein is meant to diagnose or cure any illness or disease. It is the visitors' responsibility to seek qualified veterinary advice regarding the health of their pets. Opinions and information on third-party sites are not the responsibility of epi-dog.com.

The Baron of Dehydrated Treats Peter Goslett's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would never feed Schneider Milk Bone Dog Biscuits because of the grain. His treats are "Chicken Breast Strips" from Petco. They're made in Brazil.

3. Thanks Admin thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread