Breaking Nes Alert

Breaking News Alert - Scientists Discover Dog-Cat Hybrid

April 1, 2012
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cog.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	489
    Early this morning, scientists at Liger University released a statement reporting the discovery of a here-to unknown species that appears to be a dog-cat hybrid. (Finally, cat people and dog people with something in common!) The animal was discovered living in a small colony in caves near Lyon, France, apparently subsisting on bats. A local woman who saw the scientists emerge with one of the new species, for now being referred to as "dat," was reported as exclaiming, "Agh! C'est un monstre!". Reactions are mixed, however; the university has reported being besieged by calls from individuals interested in adopting a dat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dat.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	490
    UPDATE: near relative of dog/cat hybrid "dat" discovered in neighbouring village. For now it is being called "cog."

2. Likes B.J. Catanzaro liked this post
    The Baron of Dehydrated Treats Peter Goslett's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have thought that the French would have called it: "Chienat" or "Chatien" I mean neither "cat" nor "dog" are French words, are they. Their equivalents are "chat" and "chien!" Of course, on the other hand, considering the fact that the French, like all civilized people throughout the world, do recognize the ascendancy of the English language nowadays, and the fact that English has become the lingua franca of the world, as it were, have done themselves a service by using terms that would be instantly recognizable to the majority of language speakers throughout the world. Next thing we need to worry about is the little green men. They are now going to have to completely rethink their dictionaries, and even consider with whom they will have to deal when they finally invade us. After all, if the dog had been ascendant, then that would have been their preferred modus operandi. On the other hand, the cat, with its purring, and slinky nature of rubbing itself on the legs, might have been more to their liking. Now what will they do? It's a puzzlement, isn't it? In the meantime, Schneider will bark at both.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

BTW, Marilyn, "nose" in French is nez, not nes
    Long-haired GSD, lives with Maya & Peter in Queens, NY. DOB: 2007; Dx: 2011, weighed 44 lbs in December 2010; currently 80.2 lbs. 1&1/3 cups Taste of the Wild Salmon 3xdaily; incubated with 1 Tbs water approx. 45 minutes; 1 teaspoon of Diane Enzymes 8X per cup. April '11 Cobalamin: 150; August '11 Cobalamin: 384; December Cobalamin: 558; April '11 Folate: 17; August Folate: 14.9; PLI: 30; cTLI: 1. Treated with 60-day course of Tylan whenever SIBO appears; home-made chicken jerky pieces as reward treats, and occasional freeze-dried liver treats. SEB capsules whenever needed. Creon 5 if unauthorized food eaten.
    In a Perfect World, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant to write News .. typo .. tried to correct it but the edit did not work in this case and I created 2 of the same post?????

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you appreciated the in-depth philosophical nature of my response!
    Long-haired GSD, lives with Maya & Peter in Queens, NY. DOB: 2007; Dx: 2011, weighed 44 lbs in December 2010; currently 80.2 lbs. 1&1/3 cups Taste of the Wild Salmon 3xdaily; incubated with 1 Tbs water approx. 45 minutes; 1 teaspoon of Diane Enzymes 8X per cup. April '11 Cobalamin: 150; August '11 Cobalamin: 384; December Cobalamin: 558; April '11 Folate: 17; August Folate: 14.9; PLI: 30; cTLI: 1. Treated with 60-day course of Tylan whenever SIBO appears; home-made chicken jerky pieces as reward treats, and occasional freeze-dried liver treats. SEB capsules whenever needed. Creon 5 if unauthorized food eaten.
    In a Perfect World, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually over-appreciated your response to my silly April Fool's Day post - I am rendered speechless
    and I do believe that Annie, Tsunami would bark at a Cog or a Dat ... Jude would just want to play with either or both

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! You mean that wasn't a genuine nes story? What a downer!

+ Reply to Thread